Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Upcoming Golf Plans (March 2012)

         March is shaping up to be a good month over here in St Andrews! The weather is improving and Spring is undoubtedly approaching (as seen in the pictures on the Old Course). I will be playing two rounds in East Lothian, Scotland that will result in full blog posts.
         The first round will be at Archerfield Golf Links. It is an exclusive course that provides a 5 star experience on and off the course. It caters to the membership and shares clientele with courses like Loch Lomond and Renaissance Club. It will be interesting to compare the UK golfing 5 star experience with the American counterparts such as Kiawah Island Cassique and Pinehurst No. 2 among others that I have played.
13th Old Course approach shot
         The second East Lothian golf course booked is another round on Muirfield (The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers). I played this course in March of last year in some of the strongest winds in which I have ever played. I have my fingers crossed for better weather, and I will be bringing my big camera along to document the round. A follow-up blog post will be posted in addition to the original.

14 tee, St Andrews Old Course
  In the latter part of the month I will be going back to the United States with my girlfriend, Isla. We will be traveling all over the East coast, and excitingly, we will be visiting the Masters Golf Tournament. Despite having previous offers to go, this will be my first visit to the iconic event. I'm extremely excited for what will be an amazing trip!

LET'S CONNECT! When researching for the upcoming rounds I will be playing, I started reading in depth about the Renaissance Club. Unfortunately, I don't know any members, and the prestigious club is not open to unaccompanied guests. Do any readers know of any members with whom I could be put in touch? I appreciate any and all help. On another note, the blog Twitter page is picking up speed! Please follow me @livinglinksgolf!

Happy Golfing!

Graylyn
livingasalinksgolfer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment